INFORMATIONS FOR ACCOMMODATION
- Hotel do Parque (on site)
- Hotel do Templo (on site)
- Hotel do Elevador (on site)
Special prices IRTP2020:
- Single B/B 72.00 €
- Double room B/B 84.00 €
- Suite B/B (2 Pax) 190.00 €
- 3rd Bed 35.00 €
- Hotel do Lago (200 m.)
- Hotel João Paulo II (2000 m.)
Special prices IRTP 2020:
- Single B/B 50,00 €
- Double Room B/B 58.00 €
- 3rd Bed 19.50 €
– Prices are valid until 30 of April 2020
– All delegates staying at Bom Jesus Hotels can enjoy the Swimming Pool, Turkish Bath, Jacuzzi and Cardio Room – Fitness of the Hotel do Templo free of charge
– Tourist City tax – 1.5 euros per person per night – is not included. Must be paid in the Hotel.
Braga is located in the north of Portugal at about 60 km from Porto and 350 km from Lisbon. It is easily reached by car from Porto or Lisbon. The closest airport to the city of Braga is Sá Carneiro International Airport in Porto (OPO), which is about 50 Km away from the center of Braga. Sá Carneiro Airport is served by regular flights from Faro (FAO) and Lisbon Airport (LIS), in Portugal, as well as direct flights from several cities around the world. From Porto or Lisbon, traveling to Braga can be done by train, bus or car.
From Porto Airport (OPO) to Braga
The Sá Carneiro International Airport in Porto (OPO) is about 11 Km away from the center of Porto. From the airport, several options exist for getting to Braga. Please see below the options recommended by the local organizing committee:
- By Shuttle Bus service – Recommended option
There is a direct bus service (GETBUS) from the airport to Braga Coach Station and back. The GETBUS service will provide an easy and cost-effective way (One way: € 8) of travel between Braga and the airport.
- By Train (combination of metro + train) – Low-cost option, takes longer
To reach Braga by train, from OPO airport take the subway to “Campanhã” train station, from where there are regular daily departures. From there take an Urbano train (about € 3.1, ± 1 hour train ride) to Braga, please refer to the CP – Comboios de Portugal website for more information on routes, schedules, tickets and more. The whole ride (metro + train) can take up to 2-3 hours.
- By Taxi/Uber – More convenient option
Should you wish to take a taxi to Braga, the journey takes approximately 40 minutes and the price is between € 50 and € 70.
Taxis are available at taxi ranks outside the airport.
Uber is also available.
- By Car / Rental
Car hire is also available at Sá Carneiro International Airport (OPO).
From Lisbon Airport (LIS) to Braga
The Lisbon Airport (LIS) is located at the city center and there are several options for getting to Braga. Please see below the options recommended by the local organizing committee:
- By Train (combination of Taxi or Metro + Train) – Recommended option
Take a Taxi from the airport (about € 9 to € 12) or a direct Metro (Underground) to “Gare do Oriente” (if you take the metro, the stop is called “Oriente”).
At “Gare do Oriente”, buy a train ticket to Braga in one of these two trains:
- “Alfa Pendular (AP)” – from € 33 – about 3 hours;
- “Intercidades (IC)” – € 26 – about 4 hours.
Please note that in occasional departure times, these trains will terminate at Campanhã train station, in Porto; In these cases, the person selling you the tickets might give you an extra ticket for a second train between Porto and Braga (usually yellow trains do this service).
See train timetables to plan your trip.
- By Bus – Low-cost option, takes longer
The bus company from Lisbon to Braga is “RNE – Rede Nacional de Expressos, Lda”. The bus station is located at “Sete Rios”. There are two low-cost ways of getting to “Sete Rios”: Metro or Aerobus.
- By Metro: Enter the metro in “Aeroporto” (at the airport), exit at “S. Sebastião” (11th stop) and change to the Blue Line in the direction of “Amadora Este”. Leave the metro at the 2nd stop, “Jardim Zoológico”. The “Sete Rios” Bus station is outside the metro stop. Total metro time should be about 30 minutes and cost about € 1.90
- By Aerobus: You can get into an Aerobus Line 2at the airport and leave directly at “Sete Rios” (2nd stop). The aerobus ride costs € 3.15.
See RNE Bus Timetable and prices to get from Sete Rios (Lisbon) to Braga.
- By Plane (flight from Lisbon to Porto)
TAP has frequent flights between Lisbon and Porto. It is the fastest option (about 35min flight), if you land first in Lisbon (LIS). See available flights on TAP website using the button below:
By Car / Rental
Car hire is also available at Lisbon Airport (LIS). You can find information on the car-rental companies at the airport or online.